Monday, March 19, 2012

Tab Clearing...

  • It's good to know that Indianapolis isn't the only place you can't turn the television on without hearing Peyton Manning's name every thirty-seven seconds. (And despite us being in the middle of the annual Festival of Squeaky Round Ball, too. Could its days as the state religion be numbered?)

  • Whether it's getting out of town ahead of a hurricane or getting into the basement ahead of a tornado, owners of miniature humans should train them to help in these situations. Unlike those of us with, say, cats, your tiny people can actually assist by carrying flashlights and stuff. Get them in on the plan!

  • I have seen the future, brother; it is murder.

12 comments:

jetfxr69 said...

Snerk!! "Owners of miniature humans...".

And THIS is yet another one of the reasons we're here.

Yrro said...

This is another reason dogs are better than cats. When the end of the world comes, my dog can carry an extra 30 lbs of food and ammunition, in addition to a flashlight.

Oddball said...

Oh god, don't get me started on Paton Manning in Nashville. The day the Colts released him, it made front page news here. The next morning, that's all the local news shows could talk about and they haven't shut up since. Oh, and our state legislature actually passed a resolution that coming to the Titans would be the right move for him.

Cincinnatus said...

Media in Denver full of Manning stories too.

Robert said...

That squeaky sound is not the ball, it's the sneakers on the court.

Tam said...

The game itself is squeaky. And played with a round ball. Or so I'm told.

Tam said...

Ah. I see I had it mistyped as "Round Squeaky Ball" and not "Squeaky Round Ball". Fixed.

Pakkinpoppa said...

I ran my miniature human to the basement, along with myself, last night when the tornado sirens started blaring.

Note to self, need to do a little cleaning down there...

NotClauswitz said...

Shouldn't sneak around courting, you should do it square-up and knock on the door.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

The Church of Basketball has little to worry about with regard to superiority in in this household. I suspect the same is true for most true Hoosiers. The footy ball is just a Sunday diversion around here.

Although I have often stated that, as far as I am concerned, football and basketball exist only to get us through the cold months and back to baseball. (Hockey is not a sport, it's a brawl with uniforms and paying spectators.)

Bubblehead Les. said...

I, too have seen the Future. But I read Farmer Frank's Post for my Crystal Ball Insights. Not Good.

Justthisguy said...

Mah kitteh is often more helpful and comfortable to me than most of the people who pass for human around here.