On making contact with the operator of the motorcycle, the deputy established reasonable, articulable suspicion of Operating While Intoxicated, based on the following five clues:
- The rider had watery eyes.
- The rider had slurred speech.
- The rider had an odor of alcohol on his breath.
- The rider admitted to drinking "the night before".
- The rider had a badge and ID showing he was a member of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.
I gotta hand it to Sgt. Scott for breaking the pattern: Usually drunk IMPD cops are running motorcycles over, not riding them.