Saturday, August 24, 2013

Gear list...

This week I mean to get around to a full-on "lessons learned" recap from the Crimson Trace M3GI match...

Some gear ho' stuff for my own future reference before I forget...
  • Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P 9, Ameriglo I-Dot Pro sights, CTC LG-660 Lasergrip and LG-760 Lightguard, Dark Star Gear OWB holster and ¡BLACKHAWK! mag carrier. Federal and WWB 115gr FMJ ammo.

  • Rifle: MGI QCB upper in 5.56 w/M4-profile Stag Arms bbl, CTC MVF-515 light/green laser foregrip, Vltor stock, Hogue grip, YHM Phantom flash hider, Aimpoint Comp ML2 in LaRue LT150 mount, Magpul MBUS, Magpul 30rd PMags, Raven Concealment Moduloader mag carrier, Armscor 62gr 5.56 ammo.

  • Shotgun: Remington 870 Express 20" smoothbore slug gun w/ rifle sights, @%$& Remington 870P machined extractor, Mesa Tactical 4-shell sidesaddle, Magpul buttstock and rear sling loop, SureFire 618LM forend, Scattergun Technologies 2-round mag tube extension, Estate 2 3/4" #7.5 target loads, extra shells in the pocket of Lee Jeans purchased at Gander Mountain.

11 comments:

Critter said...

"YHM Phantom flash hider"

one of my very faves. :)

Steve Skubinna said...

You left off the Dillon Aero M134...

But if you don't have one, then your list is good.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were running a TK Precision extractor in your scattergun. ;)

-Drifter

Anonymous said...

I've a question about "rifle sights" on the 870. Not ghost rings?

global village idiot said...

You forgot the nail clippers, whose utility has proven itself in keeping with the finest traditions of MacGyver.

gvi

Anonymous said...

No NASCAR style sponsor shirt?
I was at Rockcastle and it was impressive the number of sponsors folks can cram on an Underarmor shirt.

Gerry

PS, give bullets, I'd were the shirt too!

Stretch said...

God! I love it when you talk that way!!

Tam said...

"Not ghost rings?"

Nope, just the factory slug sights.

Boat Guy said...

Just noticed an account of the presser session on the MetroConFortnightly
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/356654/3-gun-shooting-frank-miniter

Tam said...

Boat Guy,

His account of Stage Nine is interesting.

(The shooter started with a full-auto SCAR, then picked up an FN40 grenade launcher with a green laser and fired an orange marker practice grenade.)

Boat Guy said...

I thought it was a SAW not a SCAR, but I'll go back and look.
Been a goodly long time since I had an M79 as my Individual Long Gun and not sure how a laser would work with them (though they didn't specify what the "grenade launcher" was, so I'm in the dark - oops, bad and unintended "pun")
t'any rate, thought you might be amused.
So how do you use a laser on something with a trajectory that's so "bent"? Ihough I guess if you're close enough it might not matter...