Monday, August 29, 2016

Grinding on...

Another hundred rounds of Lucky Gunner's Remington UMC 180gr FMJ got sent downrange at Indy Arms Co yesterday.
Apparently the flash and noise from the stuff is pretty noticeable on the range's CCTV cameras.

There was a failure to feed on round number sixty-seven of the day (#1,297 of the test) that was identical to the one photographed in the previous post. The slide went into battery when I slapped the mag floorplate. By this time, my hands were sweaty, my glasses were fogged, and I was focused on the sights and trigger, trying to keep rounds in the upper A at ten, and so my grip might not have been all it could be. I dunno.

Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful range session. I fired off a hundred rounds through the gun and got off the range pretty quickly; when a range's filtration system is pulling that much outdoor air through, even herculean efforts by the HVAC have a hard time staying very far ahead of 90+°F/90+% humidity weather. Shooting outdoors yesterday afternoon would have been truly miserable.

This makes 1330 rounds since the Glock 20 was cleaned or lubricated, with four failures to feed (#401, #454, #1,213, #1,297) and three failures to fire (#598, #1,016, #1,029). 670 rounds to go.
.