Monday, June 20, 2011

Random Linkery:

  • Blogging, and adventures tangentially related thereto, has left me with some neat-o desk impedimentia: A mostly-finished revolver cylinder from Og; a beautifully case-colored cylinder blank mounted on a wooden base to serve as a pen holder that I picked up from Doug Turnbull's booth at the '08 NRA Convention... Now I've got that cool faux-30mm cannon shell from Technoframes that I got by way of a trophy from the Lucky Gunner awards thingie.

  • Robb was bragging on Florida's new CCW preemption law, which apparently imposes fines on local officials who violate it. The best part? Those $5k fines can't come from public funds, but have to be paid out of the offending politico's own pocket. I really like the sound of that.

  • "Come back, Shane!"

4 comments:

perlhaqr said...

We need more laws like that.

Anonymous said...

"Those $5k fines can't come from public funds, but have to be paid out of the offending politico's own pocket."

It's about g-d damn time they started paying for their own misdeeds instead of offloading the price onto everyone else.

Shane said...

Shane shall return, never fear.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about this, but when it comes to hilarious irony I obviously have no willpower or good taste at all...

Because I really hope the prize for runner-up was a GunnieBunnie calendar. :)

AT