Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blog find...

For those of you who are planning on hitting Indy for the NRA Annual Meeting next year and were wondering about chow ideas, here's a blog find: This Ain't No Bistro.

Dude's a retired chef and restaurateur and he and a buddy do lunch together once a week in some non-chain joint around Indy, anything from soul food kitchens to burger bars to some of my local faves in SoBro and The Ripple Proper. Plus, he likes Flat 12 and Sun King microbreweries and the Smoking Goose Meatery and name-checks Beech Grove Firearms and Wannamaker Guns in a couple posts, so I don't know how I haven't read his blog before. I'll bet we've eaten lunch or gone shootin' in the same place at the same time at least once in the last couple years.

It probably helps that we walk the same turf, but I found it interesting enough that I read through his archives yesterday afternoon.

(A very grateful h/t to Bobbi.)

10 comments:

AuricTech said...

This ain't no party
This Ain't No Bistro
This ain't no foolin' around...

Drang said...

So have you figured out where to have the blogmeet next April?

Don said...

I figured I'd just assume you were hosting somewhere in Broad Ripple every night and invite myself. ;)

Already got my hotel room, though. Walking through the less-good part of Houston at midnight being hailed by young men prowling around closed businesses convinced me that I should probably reserve earlier and stay closer.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

It occurred to me as I was reading this post that it's a shame someone doesn't start Broad Ripple Firearms.

Think of all the hippie heads that would explode.

Roberta X said...

Alas, if only -- you do know how to make one million dollars with a gun store, Fuzzy?


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...Start with two million.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I'll bite...no, I don't. I'm just a poor techie, meself :-)

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Ah, should have scrolled...stupid iPad.

Tam said...

All I need's a backer; I'll be happy to run a gun counter again. :)

Benson said...

I read this post shortly after you wrote it. I don't know why I didn't comment way earlier. I tried to make contact with Facebook with no luck. Anyway I would like to thank you for the mention. Pat and I are planning on hitting the store at the convention this Thursday. I read it opens at 2 PM. Well take care and maybe we'll cross paths some time.

Tam said...

I certainly hope to run into y'all sometime. I love your writing!