Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Bikes: A damn fast pig...

"You can't make a racehorse out of a pig, but you can make a damn fast pig."

I may have a line on a VF1000R, which scores well on the "motor" and "good weather protection" fronts (although the reach to the bars is fairly long, if I'm rightly recalling my last ride on one...)

Not a nimble corner-carver by any stretch of the imagination, it's more the direct ancestor of the ZX-11 and Hayabusa school of sportbikes.

It was one of my dream bikes as a teenager; we'll see how well my opinions of 18 years ago hold up under the glaring light of today's sun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So we share a birthday, scored within a couple of points of each other on that political quiz, (it called me a libertarian), and similar bikes. I have a VF1100.

How 'bout dat.

Billll
THR