Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Politics: More on the cartoon nonsense...

Alleged regular reader Bey Efendi writes:
I usually enjoy reading your blog, however as a long-time resident of Turkey (99% Moslem and an ally of the US) I find the cartoons extremely offensive.

Bey Efendi

View From The Porch responds:
Mr. Efendi,

If you've been reading this blog for more than two or three days, you have seen me post material that could be found offensive by Democrats, Republicans, bureaucrats, members of labor unions, WalMart shoppers, idiots, non-gun owners, Mall Ninjas, men, women, bad drivers, yankees, rednecks, the illiterate, homosexuals, heterosexuals, cave dwellers, sufferers of clinical depression, residents of New Orleans, Christians, and fans of American League so-called "Baseball". About the only group I haven't yet lampooned is blonde, left-handed, gun-owning chicks in East Tennessee, and I'm sure I'll get around to them. All of a sudden now, when the snark is directed towards the Sons of the Prophet, you get your panties all in a twist. I'd say that I hate to think I offended a reader, but that would be a lie. All humor is at somebody's expense, and today it's the turn of Islam. Tough. Either realize that you, too, can be made fun of, or read elsewhere, machs nicht. Stick around if you want, and we can all laugh at somebody else tomorrow, and get our chuckles from watching them sputter in self-righteous indignation.

Sincerely,
Mgmt.
View From The Porch

5 comments:

Xavier said...

snark is directed towards the Sons of the Prophet, you get your panties all in a twist.
Be careful about saying panties..... ;]

Anonymous said...

I think the illiterate will have a hard time being offended by something they read on your blog. Just saying, ya know.

Brass

Josh said...

As a cave dweller, I find this post very offensive. Maybe do a little research next time!
;)

Anonymous said...

"All humor is at somebody's expense, and today it's the turn of Islam..."

May the fleas of a thousand camels invade your crotch.



Bey Efendi

Fairlane64 said...

LOL!
It's amazing how thin skinned people can be...