Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cooler than cool.

One of the greatest privileges of my life has been being on the staff at The Firing Line. I have met so many amazingly cool people thanks to that connection: Matt, John, Byron, Art, Al, Rich, JPG, Oleg, Denny, Scott, Gunny, and... and... jeez, I'm probably leaving out a half-dozen more by just riffing this off the top of my head. Every last one was as cool in Real Life™ as I expected from knowing them via their 'net personae. I can't tell you how many times I've wondered what magic fluke allowed l'il ol' me to be included in that crowd.

There're a few that, due to various reasons of distance and/or scheduling, are still just words on a screen or voices on a phone to me.

Thanks to the magic of the Golden Ticket, that number will be reduced by one come August. I am so totally stoked!

4 comments:

Don said...

I figure you can do all the skepticism and the snark, and I'll just kiss ass and collect swag. You're cool with that, right?

No sense in both of us pissin' 'em off.

Matt G said...

Tamara, please take with you the Lucky Volkian Nikon.

Don-- You just look pretty, 'kay? (and take a camera, too.)

Y'all have a great time, kids!

'Cuz y'all got a Golden Ticket!

Anonymous said...

:-) Hey, you earned your way in, lady, simple as that.

Art

J.R.Shirley said...

Cool.

He's big.