Sunday, March 22, 2009

If you're going to the Indy 1500...

...there's one old guy there selling off his collection that has a pair of nice, un-bubba'ed military .45-70 Sharps-Borchardt M1878 rifles on his table, each one with an $895 price tag on it.

Some of you reading this might recognize that as... um... significantly below market value. Very significantly.

Fortunately, the market for those is small enough that there's a good chance they'll both be there if you go today. I won't draw you a map to his table, though; looking for the buried treasure is half the fun.

8 comments:

Carteach said...

Really!?! Dang.... and me half a country away and flat broke.

Now THAT would be the king of a collection.

Borepatch said...

Who on earth would bubba one of those?

Oh wait - I'm over-estimating the taste of the country again ...

Anonymous said...

Yargh. If I left now I might make it in time. Except I just did my taxes and have to write a check that would pay for both of those rifles. *sigh* A great find for somebody.

Don M said...

Now don't make fun of my Assault Krag Jorgenson with the dual pistol grips.

staghounds said...

Argh!

Plenty of cash and it's Sunday night!

Anonymous said...

Now Tam, that's just MEAN!

Tam said...

Hey, you could have bought both, sold one, and had enough profit left over to pay the rent for the next couple months...

:D

closed said...

Needs a rail on it.