He was fairly proud of his handiwork and emailed a few of us a link, and we chuckled, and linked it, and it caught on and somebody over at the big kids' table with Pajamas Media saw it and linked it and...
Just when I think I cannot be further amazed by the abject stupidity of the average moron who has managed to figure out how to string a cable between his modem and the back of his tower case, I am proven wrong.
Remember when your physics prof would illustrate dense gravity fields distorting space-time with the "bowling ball on the rubber sheet" analogy? Well, if the internet is the rubber sheet, the comments section of that post is the bowling ball.
Let's pick a sample cretin for a swift kick in the metaphorical junk. Commenter "Syntax" writes:
Who faxed it to you?
Who did you authenticate it with?
What the hell is it?
Memo to who?
Memo from who?
1) It would take me all of about 10 minutes to create this "smoking gun" piece of cluelessness in Photoshop.
2) Does anybody really believe they had HMOs back in 1961?
To answer Enrico Fermi's questions one at a time:
- It's a joke, you simpleton.
- Dan Rather.
- An IQ test, and you failed.
- Your mom.
- Charles Darwin.
And as for the 2 bonus questions:
- Stop and think about that for a second.
- Into the Soylent Green tank with you.
I truly hope that "Syntax" has not yet managed to swim upstream and spawn, but I fear we saw his soulmate on YouTube just the other day.
It is reading comment threads like that that will make a monarchist of me yet.