Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ouch.

Three more hours of Almost-A-Doctor Mandy all up in my grille with a drill yesterday. I feel like I got socked in the mouth by Mike Tyson.

The worst part about afternoon appointments down there is that they frequently drag on perilously close to 5PM, and then turn you loose on in the middle of a large urban university/medical campus to do the bumper-to-bumper shuffle with a faceful of Novocaine.

On the plus side, it was a great day to drop the top for the drive home, and all the better for having "Die Young Stay Pretty" cranked on the stereo.

5 comments:

John Venlet said...

I detest being all novocained up, Tam, though I don't necessarily mind going to the dentist. The last time I was, for a root canal, I asked the Doc if there was anything I could do to speed up the novocaine's release of my jaw. He told me to sing, as this exercising of the jaw supposedly assists in returning your face to normality. Hope you were singing in the car.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I went to school and worked down there for a total of about ten years. And I could never figure out why they built a school that served tens of thousands of students, faculty, and support staff on a landlocked piece of property (for those not familiar, it's surrounded on three sides by Fall Creek and the White River) with only a couple of viable routes for ingress/egress.

Even in Bloomington you can get in and out on the side streets, if you know your way around.

North said...

I hope you feel better quickly.

Anonymous said...

Demand Hi-Test gasoline, and proper cocaine instead of low octane "ersatz-cocaine" novacaine.

Life is worth living. Drink it up!

Old NFO said...

Hope you're getting to the end of AAD Mandy... I HATE dentists... Almost or not!