Monday, March 19, 2012

Life on the Streets.

Check this video, where a couple of young women are walking down a sidewalk late at night in what appears to be an entertainment district. They pass a staggering drunk who spits on one of them. They walk off screen, but then come back and one gets all up in his face, gesturing animatedly and obviously yelling. He flattens her because, yes, boys do hit girls.

Some staggering drunk gobs a lunger on me, I'm probably calling the heat. I'll stick around at a respectable distance and watch and see if he wants to spit on Johnny Law, too, because that's usually pretty entertaining. "Tase him again! Tase him again! Hit him with your OC!"

I'm not tangling with him though, because not even in Texas is "He spit on me, so I shot him full of holes" going to look good in court.

Protip: Nothing good happens after ten PM. Well, actually, lots of fun stuff does, but that's also when a lot of bad stuff does, too. I had my time as a club kid, out 'til oh-dark-thirty having a good time, but if your hobby is being out past the witching hour, when the drunks and the criminals are all clocked in and working, don't be surprised to encounter them. Two of the three times I've had to pull a gun were after 0300 in the city, coming home after picking friends up or dropping them off at a club.

16 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

Sound advice as usual party girl.

Me, I'm asleep most every night by 10 unless I'm working and even then it's straight home or to the motel after the job is done.

I am so boring.

Yrro said...

I've read your account on Cornered Cat of one time you'd needed to draw - what were the other two, if you don't mind sharing?

Weer'd Beard said...

Bonus points for using the word "Lunger" in your post.

Tho I prefer the modifying verb "Lob" for both the standard flight path of a properly constructed lunger, as well as for the sake of alteration!

Unknown said...

The first thing that came to mind was the chick what got her nose flattened at the beginning of "The Way of the Gun" for mouthing off to Parker and Longbaugh under the mistaken assumption that boys don't hit girls.

Anonymous said...

Gentleman don't hit ladies but jails are full creeps who beat the crap out of women.

The fact he nailed you with a phlegm bomb should be indication which group he belongs to.

Gerry

Bram said...

The douche was coherent enough to remember that punches break hands, elbows break noses.

Luckily, the other guy's phone conversation wasn't interrupted.

Impossible to see the actual spit, but it looks like he spits on the woman with the grey sweater, and it is her dumb friend who decides to confront him.

Right before confronting the guy, the friend grabs her arm to hold her back. She shakes it off with a "I can handle this" gesture - then immediately proves she can't.

Anonymous said...

Two things come to mind; women's liberation and shoot, shovel, and shut up is not just for wolves, etc.

Sport Pilot said...

Well, that was was intresting, aggravated assault caught on video, I wonder if he was arrested.

El Capitan said...

>> 'not even in Texas is "He spit on me, so I shot him full of holes" going to look good in court.'

Oh, I dunno... We've still got a few counties where "He needed killin'!" is a perfectly acceptable affirmative defense.

kishnevi said...

Going by recent events, "he spit on me" might be a sure way to not get arrested in the first place in Florida.

Dave in PB said...

I recall a recent incident here in SD going through Old Town Train Station where the transit cops were pulling people off the trolly without having purchased a Day Pass. The girl gets all uppity with the cop and she decides to spit at said cop in his face. Poor decision making. Needless to say she was dropped and locked in like 30 seconds. Face down on the concrete Knees and elbows holding her down. All she had to do was sign the ticket and be done with it.

Erin Palette said...

I am not a lawyer, etc, but in this era of AIDS, if anyone assaults me with potentially infectious biological material, I'm interpreting that as a threat to my life.

I don't know if I'd draw on him for it -- that would depend on if he was aiming for my face or not.

Sport Pilot said...

Deliberately spitting on a person constitutes a misdemeanor assault here in Tennessee, it can become an aggravated assault if the assailant has Hip C, Aids, HIV etc. Having some drunken jerk spit on you means a lot of paperwork and blood tests and shot’s.

Critter said...

i thought it was "loogie"?

Justthisguy said...

There you go again, Tam, being an Honest Woman. Dontcha know that that will cause people to back away from you until they think they are out of sight, and then run like hell?

Justthisguy said...

I may be an outlier, and Not Like That, but a depressingly- large number of my fellow XY people seem to be criminal horndogs. This is why I have helped a couple of women to arm themselves.