Sunday, June 26, 2016

BOOM!

Although my experience with S&B's .357SIG ammo was less than encouraging, I decided to give some other Euro ammo a try and ordered a couple boxes of Prvi Partizan. C.I.P. standards for the cartridge have a 10% higher maximum pressure than SAAMI and this frequently leads to pretty exciting shooting from the compact Glock...

The PPU was no exception. Well, actually, it was like shooting Remington bulk .22 ammo, with the amount of recoil, muzzle flash, and blast varying wildly from shot to shot. I need to order more to chrono, but it would not at all shock me to see a hundred foot-per-second variation over a ten round string of fire.

I warmed up shooting at the upper A zone close in (five yards) and then rolled it back out to seven yards and shot at the lower A zone as fast as I thought I could get away with on the indoor range. Might have come close to picking up a flinch from some of the more blasty-ish rounds. Pushed one clean out of the A zone; saw it happening and cursed as the sights lifted.

The pistol went through the complete cycle of operation every time. The eleven coil magazine springs seem to have really helped. They still pretty much require an UpLULA to get the twelfth and thirteenth rounds in, tough, at least for my weak thumbs.

This makes it 1230 total rounds fired since the firearm was last cleaned or lubricated, with four failures to go completely into battery (#63, #78, #126, #748), four failures to feed (#221, #224, #282, #734), and one failure to eject (#1,033). 770 rounds left to go.
.