Sunday, December 04, 2022

Automotif CCCLV...


I was seated facing north on the patio at Twenty Tap when I noticed him motoring toward me in the southbound lanes. I'd have been a sad panda if I'd been facing the other direction!

They have the plastic sheeting up enclosing the patio for the season, so I had to scoop up the camera, get up from the table, and step outside to have a hope of getting a photo. That's why I almost missed the shot of this tasty, immaculate 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air hardtop coupe with its natty India Ivory & Harvest Gold two-tone paint job.

Assuming those dual exhausts are factory, they indicate it has the "Power Pack" option. Combined with a 4-barrel Rochester carb, the duals bumped the horsepower of the 265cid "Turbo Fire" small block V-8 from the 162 of the base 2-bbl version up to 180 SAE gross BHP.

Aesthetically, I think the '55 model year is my favorite of the 1955-1957 Chevies.

.