Thursday, December 08, 2022

Pickets? Charged.

Apparently the staff at the Times (I'm an American, so that means The New York, and not of London) is conducting a day-long work stoppage as a negotiating lever in an ongoing labor-management dispute.

The WaPo is being professional in its reporatge of the event:
Reporters won’t write stories or interview sources. Photojournalists will stay home. And if a spate of unsavory language breaks out in the online comments thread posted below a New York Times story, there might not be anyone on hand to delete it.

That’s the expected scenario at the Times on Thursday, after more than 1,100 employees began a day-long work stoppage at midnight in one of the most dramatic labor disputes at the company in decades.
Some people are showing support by, for example, not playing their daily Wordle game.

Personally, I'm not a member of any unions, so I don't feel any particular need to show solidarity, although I understand that some folks do, and that's cool. Further, I'm a paying subscriber, digitally at least, and it's not like I'm not going to read the virtual paper that's already landed on my virtual doorstep. So I wordled.

.