Friday, December 30, 2022

Sunny

Canon EOS 5D Mark II & EF 70-200mm f/4L IS

Look at what a very good girl Sunny is, posing for the camera!

The well-loved 70-200mm f/2.8L lens I bought from a reader has taken some of my favorite photos and been a go-to staple at classes and events, but at next thing to three pounds it's a lot of glass to haul around the neighborhood on a walk. Plus it's the original non-Image Stabilization equipped version, which can sometimes make it less than ideal on the ultra high res 5DS.

I finally managed to find a deal on a used 70-200mm f/4L IS to supplement it. The f/4 IS version is over a pound lighter than the f/2.8, at 1.68 pounds versus 2.89 pounds. Roberts had one last year at a good price, but I hemmed and hawed too long and someone sniped me on it. When another one in good condition popped up there right after Christmas, I snagged it in preparation for TacCon in March.

.