Thursday, August 07, 2008

State of the Interstate report...

Rolled out of K-town at 1112EDT, arrived Roseholme Cottage 1640EDT. Trip odometer showed a hair shy of 378 miles. Rolling average was ~68mph, plus a muy quick petrol stop just south of Lexington. Hands and feet still feel a little disconnected when I'm sitting still. Cats ecstatic to see me; I'm assuming my roommate will be also, but she's still off tending the Warp Core at the starship.

Interstate retard recap, trip notes, and vacation thoughts to follow. Maybe even tonight. Or maybe I'll just enjoy an Oaken Barrel Gnaw Bone and deal with the keyboard demons tomorrow. Who can say?

7 comments:

Frank W. James said...

Back Home Again In Indiana?

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Anonymous said...

Hopin' to see ya soon. Gotta go in early tomorrow, aren't I fun?

I need to pick up cat food, don't I? And probably dinner.

doubletrouble said...

Go with the Oaken Barrel Gnaw Bone; we'll get the details tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Mt Vernon, OH, to Denver, CO - 1324 miles Wed & Thurs; then back to Ohio, Sun & Mon. About 61 mph. Had to get the snow tires for the SUV, my reloading gear, and the Christmas tree.
I used to be taller...and younger. And smarter. Waved as I went through Indy, both ways.
Glad we're both home safe. OldeForce

Rob K said...

Glad you made it back fine and had a good time. The interstate is always full of retards (except in west Kansas where it's full of nothing) and it's always perfect to end the day with a good beer.

Anonymous said...

How can you use cruise control with all the "interstate retards"?
I haven't been able to use mine since it was invented.
The keepers of the speed are prevailent everywhere and especially on the interstate.

Anonymous said...

Passed you going the other way. Did you get out of town before the truck flipped on the ramp to I-640 EB?