Thursday, November 06, 2008

New dawn fades...

Roberta X with a cheerful reminder of political realities:
For those of you who have bemoaned the so-called "Patriot Act" and incursions on the Constitutionally-protected rights of citizens under the Bush administration, let me remind you that in two years of a Democrat majority in Congress, not a single one of those tools had been taken off the table. Now the Democrats have the Executive Branch as well and it will be interesting to see what they do with them -- and what you have to say about it when they do. I have not been impressed by that aspect of President G. W. Bush's tenure, either -- but I don't think the Opposition will be any better. They may select a slightly different group of targets, is all. Possibly including me. Promise me you'll still be outraged? At least a little?

RTWT.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's right, but they also didn't have enough majority to override a veto. we'll see if they ditch it, probably not.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Face it, libs like laws like the Patriot Act. What they don't like is when someone else is in charge of enforcing them, because they always reckon they can enforce them better. (Or in our case, worse.)

Carteach said...

I likes reading me some Roberta..... Snark like that sets me up for a day of dealing with teenagers, and better than I could ask for.

Anonymous said...

How long will I have to wait for somebody at the Kos to refer to Obama as "chimpy?" After all, his ears stick out even more than Dubya's.

NotClauswitz said...

That's all assuming they abide by the rules and silly stuff - stuff they consider to be obstacles and impediments to proper Governance.