Saturday, January 11, 2020

You can't displease all the people all the time...

...but you can get some of them butthurt pretty much every time.


A few months back, I had a review of the Sccy CPX-3 .380ACP pistol published in RECOIL Concealment. Long story short, Sccy sent a pistol and Hornady sent a bunch of .380 Critical Defense and I was going to do a 2k test on it.

The gun showed up with ten extra mags for a total of thirteen, was well-lubed right out of the box, and...didn't live up to expectations. There was no time to send the gun back before the deadline and so I had to write up what I had*. Sccy fans were not happy. I sent the pistol back to Sccy and forgot about it for a while.


After a bit, Sccy sent the pistol back, and I went back to shooting it with the remainder of the same batch of Critical Defense, as well as assorted other .380 ammo, and this time the gun ran fine for nearly seven hundred rounds. So I wrote that report, too. This time all the people who don't like Sccy were assmad.


Plus there were the usual weird comments...

Area of concern circled in magenta.
So no matter what, someone is gonna be mad. That's just the way it is.



*That's only the first third of the article at that link. The full piece in the print issue ended with the line "As delivered, the CPX-3 was unable to deliver," or something like that.
.