Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Blog Stuff: Notes from an (Extra!) day off.

I took advantage of being off on Sunday to do something I hadn't done since last Easter: Sunday brunch at Charlie Pepper's! Before working at CCA, the Sunday brunch at C. Pep's was a weekly ritual for me, so it was a great reunion of sorts.

I ordered (and I'm typing this just to make Kaylee jealous, 'cause it's her fave ;) ) the Sunrise Mesa Eggs. Picture this dish: Take two cornbread griddle cakes. Lay a slice of fried tomato coated with cajun spices on each. Top that with ham, then a couple of poached eggs, and finally slather a spicy Southwestern Florentine sauce over everything. Tex-Mex fusion eggs benedict! Yum!

Add a good friend or a good book or both, a cup of joe, and you have very nearly the perfect way to while away a Sunday morning.

4 comments:

theirritablearchitect said...

"Tex-Mex fusion eggs benedict!"

Exactly what I was thinking as you wrote the description, and yes, it does sound delicious.

Thanks for a great cooking idea. My Sunday morning brunch at home with coffee and a newspaper is virtually set.

aughtSix said...

I stayed at a bed-and-breakfast in Montana with my wife. The innkeeper couple said they would make eggs any style, except eggs benedict. Instead, they created had something similar: a biscuit with a poached egg on top, covered in sausage gravy. Seriously good. Eggs Laurin, pronounced Luray, after the town they're in.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I had funny colored hard boiled eggs and chocolate. Breakfast of champions. :)

Rmm... gonna have to visit some Sunday when you can get off.

J.R.Shirley said...

We are SO going there for brunch when I get back!