Friday, April 20, 2007

Blog Stuff: zomg!!!1!!1!!one! It's teh intarw3bz stuff!

It has been brought to my attention that my blog is read by folks of more than one demographic niche.

Therefore, by way of explanation, I would like to point out that Michael Crichton's State of Fear does not actually contain 1,337 pages. When I said "his mad, 1337 page-turner writing skillz", I was referring to his talent for writing page-turning plots, which is very great. Or elite. Or "leet". Or "l33t". Or "1337". This is what we call "gentle ironic self-mockery of teh intarw3bz culture".


(EDIT: I'll bet people who watch this space using RSS or other site feeds sometimes hate my guts. It took about six edits before I was happy with all the punctuation, italicization, and 1337-speak. That's an awful lot of hitting the "publish" button for one post. Look! I'm about to hit it again!)

(EDIT^2: This one was just to be cruel. :p )

8 comments:

theirritablearchitect said...

Tam,

It doesn't matter what the page count is, as it's in the "plenty" range. It adds to my stack, of which I have very limited time to deal with as is.

I just have to read it now, you see, because I've taken consideration of many of your recommendations over the last couple of years, and you've hardly disappointed, so...Thanks!

BobG said...

Excellent book, and very appropriate these days.

deadcenter said...

Try Meltdown by Patrick Michaels. I haven't read State of Fear yet, but I enjoyed his other works I've read.

Josh said...

z0m6 847m4n!!!1 n080dy kn0w5 wh47 7h15 54y5!!1!

I loved State of Fear. I should read it again (for about the fifth time).

Unknown said...

The RSS thing isn't a problem, Tam...

Oh, by the way I have a bullet stuck in my barr.... (ducks and runs away serpentine-style)

Anonymous said...

I usually set the ol' RSS aggravater to hit someone's feed at most once an hour. Mostly it's set at 2 or 4 hours. While I love the blog, I can wait another 60 minutes for your latest update.

If y'all want to be really annoying, you can fix minor spelling errors and sentence phrasing without adding any meaningful content every hour or so throughout the day.

Fletch said...

IM IN UR BLOGZ POSTIN' MAH COMMENTZ!

(caps lock be cruise control for cool)

Fletch said...

Also, this: http://tinyurl.com/3xzave