Sunday, May 27, 2007

Latest press releases from the Ministry of Too Much Information.

One of the things that happens to bloggers is the occasional tendency to share and overshare alike...

Marko gets a BFA. (Blank-Firing Adapter, for you non gun nuts.)

Joe Huffman plays Fantastic Voyage. (Personally, my rule of thumb when offered anesthesia is to go for the option of unconsciousness. If that's not on the menu, I'll take the closest thing they're offering. I'd have gotten knocked out to get my ingrown toenail fixed if they'd have let me.)

6 comments:

Caleb said...

"Blank firing adapter" is the single funniest way to refer to a vasectomy that I've ever heard.

Well played.

Tracy said...

I like the unconsciousness option too. The only problem is, then I start remembering Robin Cook's "Coma".

Anonymous said...

Tamara,

Had I know what it took to get link from you I would have posted this a long time ago.

:-)

Joe Huffman

The Old Man said...

Joe is a glutton for punishment. When they ran the sub up my kazoo last Wednesday, I opted for the "lights out" procedure - and thanks to the polyps/biopsies they did "while submerged" my lower GI tract hurt for 2 days.
Now when I had the "adapter" in 1983, there were THREE freakin' student nurses in addition to the nurse and doc. Outcooling them, I read a scifi book during the procedure. The only time we really conversed was when one of the students said it was warm in the room. I explained that if she was only wearing a t-shirt and socks, she might feel differently. Facial blush - case closed. Doc gave me the "spaghetti-o's" in a test tube as a souvenir. Grossed my mom out later when my dad asked me about the procedure and I tossed him the tube....

Cybrludite said...

Wouldn't a rubber be a BFA, since it's a temporary attachment? Sounds more like he's had it converted into a movie prop...

Sigivald said...

That's more of a conversion than an adapter...

(Which reminds me of the utterly useless but cool screw-on wooden-bullet adapter for my M96...)