Sunday, October 11, 2009

Frazzled...

A week in Tennessee... back home in time to spend a week house-sitting for a friend... and then back out the door for an overnighter to Knob Creek... In that time I have spent several days hanging out back with the crew at CCA, taken in a movie or two, spent sixteen hours roadtripping, attended a Blogmeet, taken in both Knob Creek and National Gun Day in Louisville, and slept in my own bed maybe twice.

This is the stuff that makes a reclusive homebody like me want to curl up into a fetal ball under her desk and gibber softly to herself for a couple days.

I hope to be back to normal by mid-week. After I unpack the bags I packed almost three weeks ago.

7 comments:

Carteach said...

Wow! Some pretty good stuff in there!

You can wrap up with an IPA and a good book to recharge later... but the good times can't be replaced.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but the fun was worth the mud at Knob Creek.

Tam said...

We got there early enough that we had a Three Pushing Bubba parking place.

Tango Juliet said...

So that's what life in the fast lane is like.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lordy. Some people and life in the fast lane.

My wife is accustomed to the constantly packed 3 day bag by the door. Been there, and in use more than occasionally, for going on 9 years.

Jet lag? Ya just go far enough fast enough, ya temporarily out run it. Then it catches up. Ugg.

Bad trip is like 5 days, three cities, three continents.

Ed Rasimus said...

And Knob Creek is better than Jack Daniels.

Parallel said...

Reclusive homebody? Tam? How can anyone in sales (cars, guns, gas or clicks) call herself a recluse?

Tired I will give you. But I'm the one with a service dog to keep me from crawling under the desk and gibbering quietly, particularly at social-style events.

Of course I have no problem singing or speaking in front of 1,500 people, so I guess maybe it's all situational.

VW muser: someone who thinks out loud.