Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fun Show time again in Indy!

Let's sing the Fun Show song!
Flintlocks and Flop-tops
And Number Three Russians
Black-powder Mausers
From jackbooted Prussians,
Shiny Smith PC's from limited runs
These are a few of my favorite guns.

Socketed bay'nets
On Zulu War rifles,
Engraved, iv'ried Lugers
That make quite an eyefull
Mosin tomato stakes sold by the ton
These are a few of my favorite guns.

Rusty top-breaks!
Smallbore Schuetzens!
And all of Browning's spawn
I just keep on browsing my favorite guns
Until all my money's gone.
I go to this fun show not looking for anything in particular, but I'm sure I'll find something I just won't be able to live without.

9 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

I'm sure you'll reel in something cool n' obscure n' desirable.

Bubblehead Les. said...

You forgot a verse:

"When the Snow Falls
When the Roads Suck
When my Ammo is Running Low;
I just get into my Zed Drei
and head to the Indy Gun Show!"

Ed Rasimus said...

I was really getting into my Julie Andrews when the third stanza came up a line short.

Borepatch said...

That song sure is fun.

Frank W. James said...

Tam: I 'was' headed there, but circumstances overwhelmed my position. (Kinda like my military outpost got over-run by the gooks in the wire.) Gotta pack for Shot and other insanity. I owe you some 9, which I'll get to ya when I get back...

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Old Grouch said...

Amazon sidebar ad: "Disney Princess Sing Along"

Love those contextuals!

Cincinnatus said...

I had a hard time not buying a Browning FN 1903 in 9mm Browning Long the last show. Always wanted one.

Sport Pilot said...

I really need to e-mail you a BOLO list of old gun and gear want's I'd love to run across. Between you and Roberta you gal's are eagle eyed.

B said...

texted you the dates for the next two shows you need to attend.....