Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yes, I found it amusing myself.

Anybody notice that the very same #OCCUPY_MOM'S_BASEMENT crowd that froths at the mouth over the dangers of "corporate speech" corrupting the political process was just tickled pink to see Google change it's logo for the SOPA/PIPA protests yesterday? I'm sure that once the HuffPosers and Kossacks were done patting Google on the back for its corporate citizenship, they went back to making fun of Romney for being a "flip-flopper".

I'm not saying that these people wouldn't know irony if you put it in a sock and used it to beat them to their knees, but... well, yes I am.
.

8 comments:

Noah D said...

I thought the Wikipedia blackout was a good example of that, too. 'Information wants to be free...unless you do something we don't like.'. The articles may be neutral, but the hand on the switch isn't.

the pawnbroker said...

See, that's different.

Google is *of* the 99% in the same way Soros and the O are.

The rules don't apply to the gods.

Anonymous said...

When's this blackout thing happening?

Tam said...

What?

rickn8or said...

"I'm not saying that these people wouldn't know irony if you put it in a sock and used it to beat them to their knees, but... well, yes I am."

Maybe we oughta try doing this once or twice before you go out on a limb like that Tam.

Anonymous said...

Frankly I don't care who opposes that POS legislation or why, so long as it dies.

It's kind of like when you hear of some heinous criminal getting killed inthe line of business, I don't give a hoot whether it's the police, some righteous citizen, or an intramural effort by his equally heinous colleagues in crime.

In fact I like the latter because maybe we get them in court for it.

Chalkie said...

I see the irony, I do. It seems that the OWS crowd is failing the ideological purity test, as they agree with one giganticorp trying to influence the law (google), but disagree with the opposed corporate interest(s) that is trying to do the same(RIAA and MPAA).

Ideological purity is a lot of fun, as sometimes it forces you to refuse to acknowledge that you may have been off target in one of your assumptions, and the rest of us get to point and laugh.

Drang said...

That's part of why I sat the black-out out. So to speak.
(Sat out the black-out. Sat out the sit in?)