Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just how drunk do you have to be?

Okay, it happened during a beer festival, but still...
A 23-year old Serb was found dead and half-eaten in the bear cage of Belgrade Zoo at the weekend during the annual beer festival.

The man was found naked, with his clothes lying intact inside the cage.
How do you say "Hey, y'all! Watch this! " in Serbian?

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation: "I bet I could streak through that bear cage."

"No way you could."

"Do you dare me?"

"I double dare you."

"Hold my beer."

They must've been from southern Serbia, because I can think of no more perfectly redneck way to go than nekkid, blotto, and devoured by bears.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

You should write for the 5 o'clock news. They could use a little humor interjected into things like this. Because, hey...it's FUNNY.

SpeakerTweaker said...

Depends on what time of day it was...

Later in the evening, it wouldn't have been a dare. I'm thinking maybe a tragic beer-goggles mishap...

"Dude, dude, DUDE, DUDE!! Issh she lookin ath me? I think she'th lookin at me. I gonna go tak to her..."



tweaker

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Mr. Foxworthy:

"I've you've met your maker in a bear cage, drunk and naked - you might have been a redneck."

Anonymous said...

It would only be better if he was running from the po-lice at the time of his "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" moment. "They'll never look in the bear cage!".

Anonymous said...

I think tweaker's on the right track since his clothes were found intact inside the enclosure.

Which makes me wonder just how 'natural' serbian women are. I guess if you are used to large hairy women a bear might not look too bad with the beer-goggles on...

I'm just sayin...