Friday, March 13, 2009

The Obama administration hates your mother...

...Mother Earth, that is...

In a move to stamp out eco-friendly recycling and harm the environment, the DoD is now going to require all spent brass to be de-milled and sold as scrap. Kiss that once-fired Lake City good-bye.


UPDATE:

From page five of that thread, it looks like someone got on the horn with the Lairds of Fairfax...
I called the NRA-ILA (INSTITUTE FOR LEGISLATIVE ACTION). I spoke with a guy named Eric and he put me on hold for a few minutes till he could get the latest info on this subject.

After returning to the phone he gave me a bunch of info. The NRA is definitely aware of the problem and have heard from some reloaded ammo companies and individuals. Eric rattled off all the DOD agencies invlolved and apparently this may have been "somewhat of a mistake" The ranking DOD agency has heard our concerns and condsiders them VALID!!

Right now, the word is from DOD to the NRA that they hope to have a WAIVER put into place within a two or three weeks which will CORRECT this situation and return once fired brass, .50 caliber and below to the sales policies previously used!!!

Eric said it might be helpful to call our Congressmen just in case and make them aware of the impact on the DOD budget, police training, and inidividual rights.

It might not be a bad idea to get on your Congresscritter over this, just to be sure.

11 comments:

Canthros said...

One of the latest posts@arfcom indicates that the DoD will be issuing a waiver to revoke this practice within 2-3 weeks, citing a phone call with the NRA.

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely moronic idea. I can see de-milling stuff like combat aircraft parts, but 5.56mm brass? Good grief, it has to be worth more for reloading than for scrap.

Jim

atlharp said...

But what about the children? LOL! That's good that they are retracting this practice. I have been really proud of gun owners as of late. It seems like any time the administration makes overtures to defecate on our rights, we have been hitting them back so hard that they immediately piss blood! Hang on, there's a tear in my eye.......I'm Verklampt!

Arcadia Iris said...

I don't mean to be rude or anything... but isn't it my effin' brass? I mean, I paid for it. Shouldn't I be able to drill holes in empty cartridges, string them together, and wear them as necklaces if I want to?

Anonymous said...

It could also be the middle's man's brass. Heaven help us if the government decides to do something that will generate the profitable kind of economic activity, in an area where supply is short.

Watch, though: DC will do an about face, and Congress will characterize it as a smear by the Red Team--just like with the Disney Express, AWB II, and Stimulus junior.

p.s. Hey DOD! While you're at it, we're a bit short on pull-down powder, too.

Robert Langham said...

This is the area where I shrunk my carbon footprint the most......and LC brass was a key component of my recycling effort so that Gaia could live!

Weer'd Beard said...

I'll not bother with my congress critters. #1 they hate freedom and the 2nd Amendment. And #2 in Mass taking possession of "ammunition components" without a valid FID card is a misdemeanor.

Needless to say those bitchen deals from Midway USA for "Blemished Bullets" don't excite me much when they won't ship them to me....

Anonymous said...

DOD does not reload its own? Good Lord. Why would every single practice and maneuver round shot by our military not be a reload? You want a green stimulus, I got your green stimulus right here.

$20K signing bonus for armorer-artificers. Try saying that fast.

WV: mount. That's short and simple.
Ride to the sound of the guns.

Gewehr98 said...

Keep reading the thread.

That Gonzo dude on Page 6 doesn't know much about black powder cartridge reloading, does he?

.32 Win Spl - ok with BP loads.

.30-30 Win - Not worth a tinker's damn.

Anonymous said...

As much as I would like to call my congress critters I have the likes of Cardin, Mikulski (the troll), Hoyer, and two repubs.. I guess I will call them...

Gewehr98 said...

Looks like the DLA SNAFU's finally fixed. I'm ordering a little extra 7.62mm NATO brass to bolster my supplies, just in case they screw up again...