Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Across the finish line...

Monday morning saw me at Indy Arms Co. with another hundred rounds of Magtech 115gr FMJ to wrap up the 2,000 round test with the Glock 43.

Three- and five-yard shooting went fine, but I dropped a couple at seven and just started hosing out of frustration.

While shooting at the five yard target, I was experimenting with my grip and choked so far up on the gun that I managed to inadvertently activate the slide stop, causing the slide to lock back on round number 1,936. This and that one time I fouled the slide stop and prevented it from locking back were the only two times the gun did not go through its complete cycle of operations over the course of 2,000 rounds of ammo.

I should probably fess up now and mention that, unlike my usual practice, I did not field strip the gun and lube it to factory specs before starting the test and, once the test had started, I felt lube would have been cheating. So, basically what we have here is a little tiny micro 9mm pistol that ran 2,000 rounds with no cleaning and no malfunctions on just the copper-colored anti-seize grease from the factory.
  • Nine hundred and fifty rounds of Magtech 115gr FMJ
  • Three hundred and fifty rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ
  • Two hundred Remington 115gr FMJ
  • One hundred and fifty assorted jacketed hollow points from Federal, Speer, Hornady, and Winchester
  • And the balance was assorted FMJ, including 124gr +P NATO ball
I'm pretty sold on the reliability of this pistol.
.