Friday, February 24, 2017

Pew! Pew! Pew!

I ran another hundred rounds through the Glock 43 yesterday. I was not taking my time, because the woman who came out and started shooting on the lane next to mine was blazing away with cowboy loads in her Taurus Judge and hitting the ceiling, the floor, the target carrier rail, and occasionally her target.

 The 43 ran just fine, and there were no malfunctions of any kind to report.

The plastic of the mag body wants to delaminate from the metal tube underneath if you miss an insertion and hit the front of the magwell, or apparently if you angle the mag on insertion so that the leading edge there hits the mag catch at an angle. I trimmed the resulting burr with my pocket knife and dressed the result with the file on my handy Leatherman Micra.

This makes 1,600 rounds fired since the gun was cleaned or lubricated with no malfunctions. 400 rounds to go.
.