Saturday, February 25, 2017

Nearing the end...

The trigger I ordered arrived in the mail on Thursday. I'd sprung the extra fifteen bucks so I could feel pretty on the range. Once I got the Overwatch Precision TAC trigger installed, I headed for the range with a couple boxes of Magtech FMJ to see how it would work.

The trigger is a huge improvement over the serrated factory shoe. A quick hundred rounds with the factory trigger would leave the pad of my trigger finger sore and an angry red color. The smooth, flat face of the TAC trigger doesn't do that. It also seems to help with trigger control, which made the sudden leftward shift in my shooting seem a little odd.

At home last night, I discovered that the front sight on the 43 was loose, so I re-Loctited it. We'll see if it holds today.

There were no malfunctions of any type to report.

This makes 1,700 rounds fired since the gun was cleaned or lubricated with no malfunctions. 300 rounds to go.
.