Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Bangity...

Yesterday morning was spent at Indy Arms Co, building the round count on the Glock 43 and playing with the RMR on the G34 MOS. Ammo used was Sig Sauer 115gr FMJ.

With the 43 I was only shooting at five yards, while with the 34, I ran the target back out to fifteen yards and tried to see how fast I could get good hits, trying to keep the trigger in motion the whole time and pressing off shots whenever the green triangle was in the high center of the target.

With the 43, the thing I've noticed is that the tiny grip grossly magnifies trigger control errors unless you're really making an effort to clamp down, as can be witnessed by the overall low bias of the group and that egregiously dropped shot.

With the 34 and RMR, if I'm being honest, that was done a lot faster than I would have been able to do the same work with iron sights, and only five or six of those shots are outside the USPSA A-zone. I think there's a lot of payoff waiting to be mined, here.

There were no malfunctions to report with either firearm.

For the 43, this makes 200 rounds fired since the gun was cleaned or lubricated with no malfunctions. 1,800 rounds to go.
.