Saturday, February 18, 2017

Trying to get this done...

I was cautiously optimistic and dragged myself to the range yesterday morning to get more rounds in on the G43 test. As it turns out, I wasn't quite as recovered as I thought I was, and just a hundred rounds through the 43 and comfirming the zero on a carbine left me completely gassed and weak as a kitten. Probably because my lungs are half full of nasty icky stuff instead of air.

Anyway, I'm getting better at trying to build up some speed with the 43, although I did manage to induce one failure to lock open on the last round by getting too aggressive with my grip and fouling the slide release. I'm not holding that against the gun. Other than that, there were no malfunctions of any kind to report.

This makes 850 rounds fired since the gun was cleaned or lubricated with no malfunctions. 1,150 rounds to go.
.