Saturday, February 04, 2017

Testing, testing, one, two, one, two...

Friday, the testing of the Glock 43 continued. Also, I finally got my Gen4 34 MOS to the range. The suppressor-height sights on the 34 were only the third set of sights I'd installed on a Glock myself, and only the second with my sight pusher.

I was interested to see if I'd done it right; if I hadn't installed the front correctly, surely that huge sharkfin of a front sight blade would let me know it by parting company with the slide tout de suite. The other thing I would be testing was the ZEV V4 connector I'd installed in the 34.

Ammunition was a one hundred round box of Independence 115gr aluminum-cased 115gr FMJ I'd bought from Lucky Gunner, divided equally between the two pistols.

The 43 was fired at the one- and two-inch targets at three yards, and the 3x5" target at seven yards. I'm pretty confident I could clean Dot Torture at three yards with this gun, but I haven't tried.

The 34 was fired in big, glorious mag dumps at seven yards, working on reacquiring the dot. It's hard to look at the target and not the dot; a sight like the RMR turns hard-earned habits against the shooter if one is not careful.

Neither gun had any malfunctions to report.

For the 43, this makes 150 rounds fired since the gun was cleaned or lubricated with no malfunctions. 1,850 rounds to go.
.