Sunday, February 12, 2017

And Saturday...

Back to Indy Arms Co. on Saturday to keep the round count stepping along smartly. A hundred rounds of the house 9x19 range ammo, currently Remington 115gr FMJ, was purchased while I await my next shipment from Lucky Gunner.

Also, I'm slap out of targets except for Shoot 'N' See bullseyes, so I bought one of these, which is currently subbing for their out-of-stock B21E targets. It's kinda B21-esque, but with the messed-up B27 scoring zones, which I ignored.

Like I noted on Instagram, speed with this thing continues to elude me. I need to work on my grip strength, number one, and for a gun that punishes trigger control issues so harshly, the standard trigger is just completely unsat.

Despite being domestically produced and not required to meet the GCA '68 BATFEIEIO "Import Points" total, it still has a serrated trigger like the ones used on all other compact and subcompact Glocks, rather than the smooth-faced unit found on the full-size and competition guns. I am betting it would greatly benefit from a smoother, flatter trigger shoe.

EDIT: I am informed that "43s are not all US built. That's why the 42 (100% US built) gets a smooth trigger but the 43 is serrated." And now I know, and knowing is half the battle! (The other half is red lasers and blue lasers.)

There were no malfunctions of any type to report.

This makes 550 rounds fired since the gun was cleaned or lubricated with no malfunctions. 1,450 rounds to go.
.