Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Holler Points

I had a partial box of 124gr +P Gold Dots sitting in the office from when I had last loaded up my carry gun and I decided it might not be a bad idea to see how they functioned in the Glock 43. I fired fifteen rounds out of a box of Hornady Critical Defense (which left ten to chrono later) to round it up to fifty jacketed hollow points, and then added a box of Sig Sauer 115gr FMJ to make it a hundred round range session with the little Glock.

I fired four rounds of the Hornady at each of the 1" squares at a range of three yards, then moved the target back to four yards and fired the remaining seven rounds into the two 2" circles. I then ran the target back to seven yards and fired all 35 rounds of the 124gr +P GDHP into the 3"x5" box, before moving the target out to ten yards and firing fifty rounds of the Sig 115gr FMJ into the 8", trying to push my speed a little. ("Pushing speed" is, of course, a relative thing; I'm pretty slow to begin with and this isn't the easiest gun for me to shoot.)

There were no malfunctions of any kind to report.

This makes 300 rounds fired since the gun was cleaned or lubricated with no malfunctions. 1,700 rounds to go.
.