Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Shake your bowcaster in the tyrant's face!

I've mentioned several times before that Michael Z.Williamson's Freehold is one of my favorite SciFi libertopias, by virtue of an interesting exercise in world-building, believable characters, and a lack of eleventeen-page soliloquies.

For the fans, a limited edition signed hardback release is coming out, and we're book-bombing it today. Mine'll go on the shelf next to my signed and numbered copy of Kings of the High Frontier. (Ownership of which is sort of a wookie nerd handshake...)

8 comments:

UK Houston said...

You might want to mention, for your more frugal readers, that the Kindle price for Freehold is $0.00.

Paul said...

Picked up the kindle version as it was at 0$. Have to see what all the hoopla is about.

Overload in Colorado said...

While Kings was a great read, I'm not sure it's aged well. Or, if you like, you could say that the idea of non-government spaceflight has come true.

The Neon Madman said...

I believe that you can also download it from the Baen Free Library. Mr. Williamson is a fine writer, and also runs a decent website of his own.

Kristophr said...

I wanna be a Libertarian Space Cowboy!

Harvey Morrell said...

I remember buying Kings from J. Neil Schulman's pulpless.com site back in the day. I loved it then and still do. I agree that Freehold is a good example of a SciFi libertopia; it's a superb read and has held up well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, just ordered it.

Gerry

Anonymous said...

Thanks to our hostess for the recommendation and to UK Houston for pointing out the deal.

- Drifter