Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ugh.

It's like I'm interfacing with the world through a layer of wool batting. Not springing awake with the alarm, and haven't been for a couple months. Supposedly that's the key to a productive life: Not hitting the snooze button; engaging in conscious and volitional acts from the instant one becomes conscious in the morning. I'm failing at that of late.

This morning I kept trying to fall back asleep because in my dream I had, for some reason, traded the Subie and the Bimmer in at some little tote-the-note lot on a slightly ratty-around-the-edges AMC AMX. Because that would be a practical daily driver. Also, I didn't know how I was going to convince dream Bobbi to help me install a stereo in the dream AMX, because you can't expect someone to go on roadtrips without tunes.
.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owned the AMX's longer brother, the Javelin, and lusted after a buddy's AMX. Both underrated pony cars. Wouldn't do what either of your current cars will but you sure would get style points!

mikee said...

I owned an AMC Gremlin, a hand-me-down from older sister when she went away to college. The clutch linkage was held together with a bobby pin because the cotter pin had failed, the passenger front floor gave a great view of the roadway, and the replacement Gremlin gas cap that I bought first thing upon gaining possession of the car was stolen by the damn stoners less than a week after I got it, so the dirty rag gascap went back on.

AMC! They also make US tanks!

Farm.Dad said...

Hey!.. If your going to get rid of that roller skate I happen to have a " lightly used " Mercury Cougar I would swap ya for it .. Might even throw in a tank of gas , or a box of ammo ..

rremington said...

Seriously, don't eat whatever that was before bedtime again.

Anonymous said...

You'd better specify to Dream Bobbie what kind of radio you seek, lest you get an intergalactic ham rig instead of the OEM AM/FM/8 track. :)

-Drifter

Anonymous said...

Apologies to RX for putting a superfluous "e" in her name above.

Scott said...

Tam, you must have viewed the 1969 AMX, 390, 4sp, restored 2006, listed on BAT yesterday. I just saw it on my internet daily jaunt.

NotClauswitz said...

Not just any stereo, wouldn't that HAVE to be an 8-track in the AMX?

roland said...

That's one Kelvinator I wouldn't kick out of bed.

Cincinnatus said...

Yep, an AMX must have an 8 Track.

Kristophr said...

Mikee:

The Gremlin was awesome.

It's like a V8 Vega!

Will said...

Well, as long as it wasn't a Pacer!

(Oh, man, rear brake jobs on that POS...)

Ken said...

I would looove a genuine AMX. Everybody else beat me to the 8-track comment, but my dad (RIP) used to record 8-track mix tapes for our family vacations and for his friends, so there! :-)