Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kitchen notes:

1) Yes, the label on the salsa jar says "Medium", but the brand name is "Pain Is Good". Adjust expectations of "mediumness" accordingly. (It won't have you lunging for a water glass, but it's pretty zesty.)

2) Marsh had a sale on the little 3 oz. packets of Chicken of the Sea pink salmon; something like eight or ten for ten bucks, and so I stocked up. Dump one in a bowl, squirt in a dollop of honey mustard and a dollop of mayo, stir, glop onto bread, and yum!

9 comments:

doubletrouble said...

Sounds like you had a real "wake me up" kinda breakfast today...

Turk Turon said...

I love those little "private label" hot sauces. I love to collect them, that is.

"Dave's Insanity Sauce"
"Hell Hath No Fury"
"Fi-fi's Nasty Little Secret"

Those were some of my faves.

Anonymous said...

Are you growing any herbs in that garden of yours? Try chopping up some fresh basil or parsley into that salmon salad. It makes a big difference when it's homegrown.

BobG said...

Don't forget "Melinda's" habanero sauce.

Try adding some chives to the fish mix, it works well.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the sweet pickle relish!

Word verification: rgnisuv. The soft moaning sound of satisfaction from a perfect fish salad.

DeDog

Dr. StrangeGun said...

I've found that dill weed makes a refreshing change for the ole' fish salads...

Anonymous said...

Salmon out of a can? So sad, once again I pity the midwest. But I guess if all y'all could catch them out of the McKenzie I'd be stuck with neighbors. So...enjoy.

Tam said...

Actually out of a little foil packet, not a can.

What's nice about the vacuum sealed packets is that they keep for freakin' ever.

Believe me, when I buy real salmon, smoked or fresh, it sure doesn't get mixed with stuff in a bowl...

Roberta X said...

There's chives in the fridge, y'know, an' they won't keep forever.