Saturday, May 24, 2008

Le sigh.

Why do I get bursts of inspiration that make me write my best rants late on a Friday evening?

Write something good on a Monday morning and it can get noticed, linked, emailed, spread around; if it gets good enough word of mouth you can wind up basking in the glory of an Instalanche or some other bigtime linky love... Friday night? Not likely.

I should be more cynical and say to myself "Wow. I like that. I'll sit on it and save it for publication on Monday," but instead I get as excited as a four year old with a new fingerpainting and I wanna stick it on the fridge now! Nownownow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*giggle*

You might at least have sat on your hands and saved the whine about your timing until Monday morning...

Kevin said...

Probably for the same reason I do. The crap just accumulates all week, and on Friday you just can't hold it in anymore.

staghounds said...

I believe it's altruism. "Remora on the side of Leviathan" was too perfect to deny us for a moment.

Just brilliant, P. J. will be SO envious.

Drang said...

Perhaps this is why Blogger started letting you specify when you want to publish that great rant you wrote on Friday night...

Of course, then you'd be tinkering with it all weekend.