Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Themes to me, we all want to talk about it...

...so don't turn your pretty head and walk away."

Pardon the bad play on Joe Walsh lyrics.

Tomorrow we'll be trying a bit of a blog experiment: MattG, Lawdog, the Munchkin Wrangler, Ambulance Driver, the Atomic Nerds, and myself will all be offering our divergent thoughts on a convergent topic. None of us knows what the others will write about said topic, so it will be interesting for me, even if for no one else.

If enough folks find the coordinated ruminations of two Texas cops, a couple of bums freelance writers, a bayou medic, and a pair of certified twenty-pound brains from Los Alamos fascinating, then this may become a recurring feature. If it sucks, it was all my idea. If it rocks, Matt did it.

5 comments:

Jay G said...

What, no input from the shaved head biker sales puke foulmouthed-pickup drivin' gun nut from Massachusetts demographic?

(Nah, I'm just kiddin'. You could just copy&paste the F-bomb a couple zillion times for my part...)

Lookin' forward to it, Tam. Y'all have some heavy hitters working the wordsmith magic...

Anonymous said...

I think it's a fun idea, and keep hitting reload. Am I still a day early?

Back before 9/11 me and 4 friends who were early-type semi-bloggits were going to do a collablogative. We were each assigned a role based on ourselves: The Brit ex-pat in Tokyo, the EV NYC lawyer, the SF techno-artist, and the seafaring computerguy(me). It was going to be semi-fiction.

We just barely got going when *kaboom* and there were other things to deal with, so it died quietly.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

No hint on the subject matter? Is it firearms related? Politicky? Of interest to gardeners?

Matt G said...

"If it sucks, it was all my idea. If it rocks, Matt did it."

I'm so glad you understand. :)

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Oooo, I'm a Pisces cusp with Venus rising. It makes me funny, but prone to typos.

Is THAT the theme? I center my life around my horoscope. Well, at least the Onion version.