Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More sharp pointy stuff...


Another on the list of Knives I Will Never Sell is my Greco Whisper. Granted, it's not a tenth the utility knife the Puffin Magnum is, and the odds of me ever being in a knife fight are somewhere between zero and naught, and even if I were I probably wouldn't have the Whisper with me and I'd be totally pwnd anyway because I know doodly-squat about knife fighting... But it's such a sweet knife to hold. It balances nice and fits the hand. The proportions are graceful, especially considering its prybar thickness, and mine even has pretty rosewood scales. Plus I bought it at the first Blade Show I ever attended, back in '02.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get your knife training here. I put my entire family through this class.

Johnny said...

Tam, I presume you won't pitch up to a knife fight without having the forethought and planning to take a gun instead.

However, round here knife-fights are pretty simple - stick your knife in the guy before he sticks his in you and make it sore enough that he loses interest in the knife-fight.

Let's put it this way: don't get into a knife-fight without your gun handy.

As for knife-fighting training - well, it can be fun. But all the people I know who have been stabbed didn't realise they were in a knife fight until after they'd been stabbed.

Earl said...

Too true, sharp knives slice and stab almost painlessly, so the feeling of wet is found faster than the nerves exposed during the cutting and gutting. I think you are pretty safe, you don't seem to get too close to others, you have a height advantage and disadvantage - but I figure your t-shirts and reputation will discourage all but the drugged and the zombies. You do pick excellent knives to bring to the fight, but probably go for the gun first - all that practice.

Fits said...

Beautiful knife at a reasonable price.