- The moon landing was faked.
- The US government has communicated with aliens and/or is in possession of a wrecked UFO.
- 9/11 and/or Oklahoma City was an inside job.
- JFK, RFK, and/or MLK was bumped off by a shadowy cabal and not a lone gunman.
- Some secret organization runs, or attempts to run, the world for their own benefit.
- Vaccines are poisonous and/or fluoride in the drinking water is bad for you.
- The automakers and/or the oil companies had a 100mpg car but conspired to bury it.
In America you have the right to believe whatever you want, no matter how kooky anybody else thinks it is. I can just about guarantee that 99% of the people reading this hold one belief or another that I consider goofy, and I'm 100% certain that the reverse is true.
"Hate Group", however, is a phrase with a meaning, and that meaning isn't "People whose opinions I find silly". If I started thinking that is what it meant, why, then I might start hating people whose opinions I found silly, and if that isn't staring into the abyss overlong, I don't know what is.