Friday, November 27, 2009

Lucky in one respect.

It looks like the autumn leaf crop is just about all in for the year here at Roseholme Cottage.

Thanksgiving bumped our trash pickup back one day. We've got fourteen of those big paper leaf bags you get at Lowe's still sitting in the back yard waiting to be schlepped to the curb, and it's nice to know that I can do it at my leisure this morning, properly gloved and booted and hatted, rather than in a stumbling pre-dawn hurry while still clad in my pyjamas.

EDIT: Fourteen bags of damp leaves, two bags at a time, from the back yard to the curb out front, and done at a brisk trot, made for a good dollop of morning cardio for my out-of-shape self.

1 comment:

skipelec said...

I can picture you in jammies with a '11 on your hip shleppin bags to the curb.