Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blammunition update.

As long as you weren't looking for .380, the ammunition supplies at Gander Mountain were pretty much back to normal, although prices are still high relative to the first half of '08.

Selection was broad and supply was bountiful in the major auto calibers: 9/.40/.45 all had a bunch of choices in FMJ and JHP ammo. 9x19 was starting at $14/50, but the cheapest .45 was still over $20/box.

Loose bulk .22LR was available in both Remington and Federal flavors, and there were all kinds of bricks of various rimfire on the shelves. Good thing, too, since I shot my .22LR ammo can dry this morning and didn't want to break out my backup stash of unplated ammo. It may shoot okay, but it'll dirty up a gun like nobody's business...

They had a pretty 4" prewar .32-20 Smith in the showcase for around four bills, complete with a Tyler T-grip, but closer examination revealed it had been re-blued. It'd make someone a nice shooter, though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw plenty of 380 (as low as $20/50) at the Raleigh, NC gunshow this weekend. More importantly, I saw a nickled S&W #3 44 Russian. It was $1295.

Pathfinder said...

Last time I checked, the local Gander had 7 different labels of .380. Right next to the .25 Makarov. (?????)

Joseph said...

ACME in Seymour has plenty of ammo and even some primers. Nice shop and the prices are good, not Wal-Mart good mind you, but then again, they have it and you don't, you know, have to go to Wal-Mart.

Tam said...

That's what I forgot to mention in the post: The primer situation.

Last time I was in, all they had was a couple thousand Federal Small Magnum Pistol primers. This time 'round, they had a more or less complete selection of CCI, as well as a few different kinds of Federal, so that's definitely looking up.

Mike W. said...

I haven't bought any .45ACP since March (@ $16/box back then) I'm rationing what I have left of that till prices go back down.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or have Shotgun shells gone up a ridiculous amount?