Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just Another Random Sunday...

  1. Had a good range day at Iggle Crick: 42 rounds of 9x19, 42 rounds of .45ACP, and ~450 rounds of .22LR (that's six mags through each of the 1911s and a bunch of rounds through the various deuce-deuce trainers.) I kept them pretty much all in the A-Zone except for a couple of outliers no doubt caused by one-handed rapidfire work with the DA revolvers. It was the first time I'd had the .22 I-Frame out since early Spring, but since Winter coat weather is almost upon us, I need to get back in shape for carrying the 432 in an outer pocket.
  2. We stopped off at Bradis Guns on the way home. I grabbed another 22/45 mag and numbered all three with a paint marker, and picked up a 500rd brick of Winnie .22 as well as 50 rounds of 9mm. I finally got hands-on with one of the new Chiappa/MKS Puma .22LR 1911s. It felt a bit chintzy, but the whole gun was only $289, which is comparable to the price of a Ciener conversion. There was also an EAA-branded 1911 rimfire conversion kit for only $189...
  3. Got to the blogmeet and hung with the crew. Got to spend time with fellow Broad Riparians Mr. & Mrs. Red, which was fun. Handed out the Cup Of Turonistan, as well as passing out proselytizing copies of two of my favorite books by my guru, P.J. O'Rourke: Holidays in Hell and Parliament of Whores.

8 comments:

gamachinist said...

I couldn't find any info with a quick search on the Chiappa/MKS Puma .22LR 1911,

I did find the home page and catalog for the rest of their guns.
I would guess that it looks and feels cheap because it may be made using parts from their M911 blank or gas firing gun?

gamachinist said...

http://www.armisport.com/ita/catalogo.pdf

forgot the catalog link.

Old NFO said...

Sounds like a good day!

sam said...

What is the paint marker you are using on your magazines? I am still trying to find something that works and wears well on both blued metal and black tupperware.

Tam said...

I've been using a metallic silver Sharpie.

Lissa said...

What about Eat the Rich? I think I like that one the best!

Tam said...

Eat the Rich is good, too! My favorite is probably Holidays in Hell, though.

Anonymous said...

There's a review of the MKS/Puma in the latest issue of "Small Arms Review" if anyone is interested.

Tam, I think what most people want to know is what, if any, observations that the gun shop owner made about dems wimminfolk and guns. Could you possibly enlighten us? Further, I think most want to know how well-behaved Shootin' Buddy was when this observation was made.

Shootin' Buddy