Sunday, February 10, 2008

I hate it when that happens...

Don't you hate it when the cat has an attack of charge-around-the-house crazies at zero dark thirty and knocks something over, waking you up, so you decide to toddle off to the restroom while you're awake, and when you're headed back towards the bedroom you think "I wonder what's shakin' on teh intarw3bz?" and so you check and now you realize that the alarm clock is going off in twenty minutes, so there's not much point in going back to bed...

Yeah, I hate that too.

7 comments:

BryanP said...

I just cuss the cats and go back to sleep. Of course, that means one day a burglar will make noise and I'll just cuss the cats and go back to sleep.

BryanP

Christina RN LMT said...

My dogs woke me up today and it's my ONLY day I can sleep in. Three hours of sleep lost, and they just curled right back up on my bed and are snoozing away. Little bastards.

Anonymous said...

Me three, but instead of the cat,which became coyote food a year ago, it's my dog going beserk at the red squirrel marauding my birdfeeder at sun up. At that point it's time to hunt squirrel at least that's what the dog has in mind.

Anonymous said...

A note: There is never anything shaking on the intarwebz at that hour. Ever.

phlegmfatale said...

Those are the times I get back in bed and sleep the most sound sleep of the night for about the first hour of the alarm going off. Yup: I hate it.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, I can handle 20 Z's. Although, I usually reset the alarm for a half-hour.

Just because.

Mark Alger

Anonymous said...

Around our house, my wife and I call that occurance "Cat Races." We have two, known as "BBC" for Big Black Cat and "LBC" for Little Brown Cat.

Nothing wakes you up faster than two 15lb cats running across the bed, you, and then thundering down the hall into the basement at O Dark thirty.

When they start scratching at the door is when I reach for the M19 on the bedstand. That happened a couple of times when the neighbor came home drunk and tried to open the door of the wrong house.