Saturday, February 09, 2008

Scenes from work...

1) Found a 1956 silver dime in the change today! w00t!

2) My weekend morning routine for the past months has been doing paperwork in the office while the part-timer mans the register. Now that I'm leaving, she's training to assume my assistant-managerial role.

There's a camera on the wall above the register, complete with a microphone, so that the cashier can chatter at the person back in the office, but there's no way for the person in the office to reciprocate. For the last several months, every time I'd hear "Hey, wanna go outside for a smoke?", I was unable to say "Wait! Hang on! I'm in the middle of sorting the closing paperwork for yesterday!" Even worse would be when she started holding conversations with her "Imaginary Friend", knowing that I couldn't respond. It was as bad as when the dentist starts chatting you up when he's up to his elbows in your bicuspids... But now I could get my revenge. See, the camera's kind of over everyone else's head, but I'm tall, so if I got up on tippytoe while she was back there sweating over learning how to do the paperwork, she could hear...

"Hey! Wanna see my boogers?" And there, in 19 inches of glorious fisheye Trinitron color in the office, would be the nostril I had parked an inch in front of the camera lens. "EEEEWW! Stop that!" Vengeance is sweet.

6 comments:

T.Stahl said...

You're mean! *hehe*

Anonymous said...

Your mood in general has been more upbeat since you packed up the magazines.

Glenn

Anonymous said...

I guess it takes a warped mind to laugh at that,LOL!Payback.et45

phlegmfatale said...

*tee hee*
Yeah, a little warped, but me likee!

Anonymous said...

In my 23 years of food service,most all restaurant folk I've known have a strong warped side. But that's a good thing!

Anonymous said...

Must... not... drink... hot... coffee... and... read... VFTP...

OW! But that is funny.