Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rakin' the lawn, rakin' the lawn!

So, awesome morning. Deluxious greasy spoon-style breakfast and then to the range where I shot the Pro for the first time in a month or two. Shot like a house afire; best range session I've had since before Blackwater. Those bowling pins next Saturday morning had better look out.

Then fun times w/friends, a bit of strolling about Broad Ripple, and then back to tend to the leaves in the yard. Right now I'm taking a quick break from the yard work. I'd write more about each stage of the day, but I gotta get back to it. More in a couple of hours...

7 comments:

Turk Turon said...

Sounds like you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Love the AC/DC reference. I saw the post title, and now have to listen to go find the video on YouTube.

Anonymous said...

The girl's got rhythym...she's got that backyard rhythym...

The Fall leaf dump is always a pain in the lower back. I finally got lazy and paid my neighbor $20 to vacuum them up with his lawn tractor/leaf hopper.

Meanwhile the lawn is saying, "Here I am, rake me like a hurricane!"

red said...

Have you been to the Keystone Deli or the Donut yet? If not, you're missing an amazing breakfast! The food at the Donut is ok but the doughnuts are great. Before I quit eating pork, the bacon at the Keystone Deli was my favorite. Mmmmm...bacon.

Anonymous said...

AC/DC?

I feel sorry for ya. I've long ago abandoned raking for a lawn tractor with a bag.

Anonymous said...

I went to the range today myself and I shot my 1911 since having had the rear adjustable sight put on. I used the Todd Jarrett grip technique and it sure made a huge difference in my shooting. I took a picture of my target, but there's no way to put it up here for everyone to see, unless I send it to you and you can put it up for me...heh. Other than that I'll have to start my own blog. I'll call it "The Orange Grove." Hmmm...yeah, that's a good one...

Anonymous said...

D'oh!!!! I know better than that!!!