Wednesday, August 05, 2009

This cannot be happening.

So I got a load of laundry in, because I had no summer-weight socks left, and I'm not about to wear wool socks in Indiana in August, record cool summer or no. Those things make my feet sweat when its fifty degrees outside; my little hooves would melt at 80.

Also, I am extremely low on clean black tee shirts. Understand that me being low on clean black tee shirts is like the Pope being low on clean funny hats: Nothing to wear without being gigged for being out of uniform. And I just used the last of the laundry detergent on the socks.

No laundry detergent and only one can of Vault Zero in the house. I really don't see any way around a trip to the grocery store at this point, but I'm going to take a nap first so I don't get confused and think I'm playing Gran Turismo 3 instead of Drive To Grocery Store 1. (I must be punchy, because just typing that has me laughing so hard my face hurts. Why am I babbling all this to you people, anyway?)

14 comments:

atlharp said...

Could there be a gas leak in the house?

Tam said...

I wish.

No, it's just the wonky hours I've been keeping.

Vote For David said...

Drugs. Stop doing them.
Sleep. Start getting it.

Top of the Chain said...

I coulda swore I heard a squee from Roseholme cottage this morning as PJ O'Rourke was on Bob & Tom this morning. Either that or there was a door somewhere that needs some serious attention with some 3 in 1 oil.

J.R.Shirley said...

What do you mean, "you people"?!

Ken said...

See, this is why you two should buy the Browning place. It won't help any, but you'll be differently discombobulated.

Jay G said...

Tam + little sleep = humor WIN.

Just, please, make sure there's video of the drive to the store...

Joseph said...

Forget the T-Shirts, go naked around the house, its liberating.

Butch_S said...

Cant imagine wearing black in August myself, anymore than wool socks. My black tees won't see daylight again till October or later.

Rob K said...

You know dish detergent will stand in for laundry soap and black coffee does a fair job of caffeine delivery, but it does sound like a nap is what you need most.

Brad K. said...

Hand wash the t's. If you don't have woolite or Ivory - try shampoo. Wrap in thick towel, twist to "spin" dry.

Luck.

Joseph said...

You babble to us because you know we accept you, unconditionally!!
Besides, your babbling is cool.

Kristophr said...

Speak for yerself, Joseph ... I have conditions.

If she has a sink-trap full of gonads and human heads in the fridge ( "But I didn't know how to cook them!" {footstamp} ), then she has exceeded my personal conditions of acceptance limit.

Kristophr said...

Oh, and this should destroy what free time you have ...